Thursday, October 14, 2010

new job?

Ever since I got my current job, I've been dreaming about leaving. I don't mind my job, but it's food service, and I'm not a huge fan of it. I do however like my co-workers, and I think my boss is great. And my hours, for the most part are pretty spectacular. I don't work nights, and I don't have to work Sundays. It was perfect for me. My boss trusted me, and while I've only been there about 8 months, I'm being given more senior rolls and shifts. I liked it for the most part.

About a week ago, a friend of ours mentioned that he was looking for a new front desk person/receptionist at the hotel he works at. I was ecstatic! A job where I could take pride in my work for one of the first times in my life. I could get dressed up, and look pretty at work and not just "good enough".

I applied. My references were contacted. I interviewed. I had my background checked. I interviewed again. I was offered the job. And somehow, in this whole process, I have lost all interest in the position. I will be working nights. Till 11pm mostly. I may be scheduled for Sundays. I was already scheduled for a Thursday night, which is when we host a home group in our home. We likely will not be able to go spend Christmas with family because of it.

I left the interview feeling like to take this new job I will have to sacrifice from my relationship with my husband, and from my relationship with God. Is that true? Maybe not. But it's how I feel.

I have orientation for the job today, and while I'm still not feeling 100% about the job, I'm going to go. I'm going to pursue it, and give it my best shot, but I'm keeping my foot in the door at my original job for the time being.

I guess all of this was just to say... I'm kinda scared.


No comments: