Friday, November 21, 2008

A fun adventure from the weekend

While Dahvede was in town, we were blessed to have a lot of time to spend together. More time than we probably ever had during DTS. Anyways, I was so excited to be able to have several dates with Dahvede, and I thought I'd share bits of one of them with you all :)



Having skipped church on Sunday to sleep in, I came over just after lunch to see Dahvede at the ship. I got somewhat dressed up, and put on my cute shoes and everything. Well, about 5 minutes after I got there, Dahvede suggested going to the mount for a hike. My house was about a 10 minute drive back in the opposite direction. Thankfully one of the students (my good friend Heather) had some extra socks and shoes she let me borrow and Dahvede lent me an A-shirt.   



It was a beautiful day for a hike (as you can see above). We took a different route up the mount, so we were actually able to circle the whole thing, seeing the harbour from every angle. It was a really great time. I thought I might not make it all the way up, but Dahvede was wonderful and stuck with me, encouraging me and even at times coming along behind me and pushing me. We made it up and it was SO worth it! I hope we can do the hike again at Christmas when he's home :)


No comments: