Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Precious Memory

For the last two months, Susie and I have been planning a 25th Wedding Anniversary Party for our Parents. They were in Samoa on the day of their Anniversary and were not actually able to do anything special. We were able to surprise them and have our two sisters fly in from the South Island and from the States. If you want the full story on that one, head over to Susie's Blog.

The weekend went great, as did the party on Sunday. I realized something after Mom arrived and when I was looking back through the pictures this morning, I knew I had to share the story.




My Great-Grandmother on my Mom's side had an engagement ring with 5 (yes, 5) opals in it. When she got older, she decided that she wanted to have the ring broken down and made into 5 seperate rings and give them to her 5 grand daughters. I've always known the story about the rings and knew that my mom haad one of them. It always stayed locked up in fireproof box we owned, ever to actually be worn by mom.

Except once.

She wore her Opal ring on her wedding day. She said she had always struggled with her lefts and rights, so when she got her engagement ring it made life a lot easier. Well, on her wedding day she had to think which hand to give my Dad because they both had rings on them. I think it's kinda funny.

Anyways, so for the first time in 25 years, she wore her Opal ring out. I think it's quite fitting and a very special memory. I think it would be nice to have a piece of Jewelry that you only wear on your wedding anniversary. Something special that you get to look forward to.



Melody also lent her the opal necklace she has to match the ring for the special night.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: