Monday, August 20, 2012

Proof

I never liked taking photos of my weight loss journeys. I guess I was afraid of failure, and photos would be a big fat (pun not intended) reminder.

In all fairness, I don't have the bathing suit or underwear photo. Nothing bearing my tummy or my thighs.... and there won't be. Don't have the nerve for that yet. At least not to be posted online anywhere.

But what I do have is this:


This photo was taken at our former roommates ASU graduation. I thought I looked cute that night. Yikes. Not happy about this photo being online.

About two months ago, my big sister and I teamed up and agreed to keep each other accountable and lose together. I started tracking my calories, and joined My Fitness Pal. I started Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, and felt my stamina increase and my body shrink.

I have had a few bumps along the way over the last month (birthdays and family in town was hard for me), but I'm back on track, and almost into a new goal range.

This was me 6 weeks after starting at my birthday.


No, It's not a huge change, but I see it. Also, this is the only photo I can find at the moment, but I look different. I feel different. What you can't see, is my too-skinny skinny jeans, being loose. My tank top given to me a year and a half ago, getting worn for the first time. My new size 9 shorts feeling loose. Most of my clothes are now loose.

I'm not even close to done, but I'm making progress and seeing change.

Thank for reading :)




No comments: